HEALTH, SAFETY, & POLICIES
The safety and health of our students, parents, patrons, musicians, and staff is of the utmost importance. The GYSO will comply with all applicable CDC, OSHA and Georgia safety and health requirements and maintain safety and health standards that equal or exceed the best practices of our host facilities.
Based on the most recent CDC recommendations, all those present at rehearsals will be required to wear masks. This includes ensemble directors, GYSO members, staff, volunteers and parents. Parents will be allowed to remain during rehearsals, but cannot be in rehearsal spaces as in years past.
These health and safety procedures will be continuously reviewed during the season and if any established policies are altered, students and parents will be notified by email in advance.
Ultimately, Kennesaw State University and Marietta City Schools make the final decisions about activity on their campuses. While we hope to complete our 2021-2022 rehearsals and performances uninterrupted, the calendar is subject to change as we are beholden to any closures they enforce.
REPORTING HEALTH & SAFETY CONCERNS
All GYSO families participating in in-person activities pledge to report any suspected, potential, or confirmed cases of COVID-19 within their own family.
Please monitor your student for symptoms and do not attend rehearsal if any COVID-19 symptoms become apparent.
Please contact us and do not attend rehearsal if you exhibit symptoms, come into contact with anyone who has tested positive/you anticipate will test positive for COVID-19.
HANDLING PROBABLE OR CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASES
In the event of receiving a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, we will assess on a case-by-case basis.
***These policies are subject to modification due to changing health and safety guidelines and recommendations.***
GYSO CONCERT AUDIENCE MEMBER PROTOCOLS
As we prepare to welcome audiences and artists back to Georgia Symphony Orchestra events, please read our promises to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, artists and staff.
- All patrons 18 years and older who attend performances of the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra (GYSO) must be fully vaccinated by the date of their visit.
- Patrons can show either paper or electronic documentation (including photo of card).
- 1-2 weeks after the performance, we will provide a video link to all GYSO members to share with family who are unable to attend.
- Additional information and frequently asked questions regarding this policy can be found here.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- We are requiring that patrons, staff and volunteers wear facial masks that cover their mouth and nose. Masks with a valve, gaiters, scarves, etc. are not permitted.
- We are limiting GYSO audience members to family members of performing GYSO students only and requesting GYSO audience members socially distance from one another during performances.
- We are increasing the number of GYSO performances in an effort to decrease the expected audience attendees and limit interaction between students in different ensemble groups.
- We are asking any patron who is feeling ill to please stay home and consider exchanging your tickets for another performance. Our staff and volunteers are expected to do the same.
- For a touchless experience, we are issuing electronic (print-at-home and mobile) tickets. Your mobile tickets will be sent to the email associated with your ticket purchase.
- To reduce close interactions we are implementing contactless ticket scanning.
- Tickets for each GYSO performance will be limited to the family members of the performing GYSO members at each concert.
Our concert programs are going digital. In addition to information about the production, artistic and director’s notes, stay tuned for more content (which may include behind-the-scenes materials!). Programs will now be available on the Georgia Symphony Orchestra and GYSO website.
As much as we are certain of our commitment to resume performances, we know we are in uncertain times. Rest assured that if for any reason we must cancel performances, or if you are unable to attend, we will honor your commitment to us by offering ticket exchange and refund options.
We are also eliminating all exchange fees. Exchanges will be accepted up to two hours before the performance.
***Recognizing the situation is changing rapidly, we will continue to respond to updated guidance from local, state, and federal health authorities.***